Image Map

April 18, 2013

Three Things Thursday

I can't believe it's already Thursday and time for another edition of Three Things Thursday! This week has just flown by and the weekend is almost here! Yay!! 
 three things Thursday
 
This weeks topic is all about what you wanted to be when you grew up.
 
I really can't think of three things that I wanted to be when I grew up because for as long as I can remember I always wanted to be an archeologist. I had hoped to be an archeologist even as a junior in high school. It was the plan. I had looked into colleges for it and everything but some situations in life quickly halted that dream. I'm ok with it because if I pursued it I may not have the wonderful little family I have now. Everything happens for a reason.
 
It may be a good thing that I never actually was able to pursue it because now I don't like to get hot or dig in the dirt. I don't even do yard work.(that is about to change) 
 
I can remember being little and digging in the dirt for arrowheads and other artifacts. Sadly, I never found any but it never stopped me from digging in the dirt and exploring in the woods.
 
Panning for gold, and doing those little gem mining things were always one of my favorite things to do when we went on vacation. Actually, it's still one of my favorite things. It makes me feel like a little kid all over again. 
 
I was a whiz at identifying all the different stones I had found.
 
Last year we took Jayla to a Dinosaur expo and they had a little mining booth and I think she enjoyed it as much as I did. My mom and hubbs picked on me the entire time because of how excited I was to see it there!
 
Love her expression in this picture! 
 
 
 
   
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment