Image Map

May 2, 2013

Chewy Peanut Butter Bars

The other day I let Jayla stay home from school. I think we both just needed a break from the craziness that has been going on. After we lounged in bed all morning she wanted to bake something. I didn't want to go to the store so I had to figure out something to make with items I already had on hand.

After scouring the pantry for supplies we decided to make Chewy Peanut Butter Bars. They are quick,easy, and so addictive. The only thing I don't like about these is, they just never seem to last long enough.


What you need:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs,beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla

In a large saucepan, melt butter and peanut butter. Remove from heat. Add sugar and flour. Mix well and then stir in eggs and vanilla. Spread into a greased and floured 13x9 baking pan. Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and the edges start to pull away from sides of pan.

You may have to bake yours a little longer. My oven tends to cook a little quicker. Start at 20 minutes and then keep checking every few minutes if needed.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. This is the recipe you gave me, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ingredients do not have sugar listed, but the recipe says to add sugar.. how much?

    ReplyDelete